$options['where']

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 28, 2008   (RSS)

By brownleather2 - February 19, 2008 - edited: February 19, 2008

Example: 'fieldname = "value"'

I’d like to call a variable for the value, what do I do? == Example: 'fieldname = "$var"' == dose not work

Re: [Dave] $options['where']

By mawebplus - March 28, 2008

hello, i was reading this post and have the same issue not working i have as follows:

require_once "............viewer_functions.php";
$options = array(); // NOTE: see online documentation for more details on these options
$options['tableName'] = 'vehiculos'; // (REQUIRED) MySQL tablename to list record from. Example: "article";
$options['recordNum'] = '9'; // (optional) Record number to display. Example: "1"; Defaults to number on end of url, then 1
$options['where'] = ''; // (ADVANCED) MySQL WHERE conditions to use INSTEAD of recordNum to look up record. Example: "fieldname = 'value'"
$record = getRecord($options);

would like it to be replaced with a value from another table in mysql so i did this:

$options = array(); // NOTE: see online documentation for more details on these options
$options['tableName'] = 'cajas'; // (REQUIRED) MySQL tablename to list record from. Example: "article";
$options['recordNum'] = '1'; // (optional) Record number to display. Example: "1"; Defaults to number on end of url, then 1
$options['where'] = ''; // (ADVANCED) MySQL WHERE conditions to use INSTEAD of recordNum to look up record. Example: "fieldname = 'value'"
$cajita = $record['caja1']; this is to have a value from one table[/#ff0000]
?>
<?php
$options2 = array(); // NOTE: see online documentation for more details on these options
$options2['tableName'] = 'vehiculos'; // (REQUIRED) MySQL tablename to list record from. Example: "article";
$options2['recordNum'] = ''; // (optional) Record number to display. Example: "1"; Defaults to number on end of url, then 1
$escapedVar = escapeMysqlString($cajita);
$options2['where'] = "num[/#ff0000] = '$escapedVar'";
// (ADVANCED) MySQL WHERE conditions to use INSTEAD of recordNum to look up record. Example: "fieldname = 'value'"

but for some reason itwont work dispaying $record['num'] as the number in $cajita

any help with this would be great

Re: [mawebplus] $options['where']

By Dave - March 28, 2008

Hi mawebplus,

Double check your second block of code. If you're calling your options $options2 you want to make sure you're passing that to getRecord as well:

$record = getRecord($options2);

Also, you might want to name your $record variables something else so they don't overwrite each other. For example, $cajasRecord.

Let me know if that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] $options['where']

By mawebplus - March 28, 2008

you guys rock!

finally i madea page with 3 iframes calling 3 different things that the client simply changes on admin fields thnx!!

to share it:

http://www.awebolovendo.com/index.php

the three pics on top