How to reorder images?

22 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 18, 2008   (RSS)

By Dave - February 12, 2008

Not sure why the JS files were missing. On rare occasion FTP skip some files if it loses the connection or something like that while you're uploading.

There's no limit on the number of uploads an upload field can accept, just set that in the field editor to a high number or "unlimited" by unchecking the box.

Let me know if you have any problems with that.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CMS Builder - Online Documentation Updated!

By rcrofoot - February 12, 2008

Dave-

When I go to the field editor for my upload fields, there is no option as to how many photos may be uploaded...Before I upgraded I seem to recall a field for this, but it's just not there now, no matter what I do, or where I look...

Also, same problem with a "list" field type...I select "dropdown", make sure "Use options listed below" is selected, but there's no area to type in the list I want...

Thanks for all the help...Rick

By rcrofoot - February 12, 2008 - edited: February 12, 2008

Hello again-

I copied over the lib/ folder and am still having the same problem: nowhere to specify how many upload in an upload field, and no area to specify list items in a list field...I noticed the .js files you added that were missing...I didn't see these in the unzipped folder on my hard drive...Maybe I didn't get the full 1.09 install that was sent to me???

Anyway, here's the login info:

http://www482.pair.com/decaro/cmsAdmin/admin.php

Thanks again for your help...Rick

PS If you want me to download the 1.09 upgrade and try it again myself, just let me know...

By Dave - February 12, 2008

Rick,

It seems like there's something with your server (or my FTP program) that it sometimes skips over some files when I upload them. I notice .js files seem to get different permissions. I'm not sure why that's happening. What I did is rename your /lib/ folder and then upload it again and that seemed to update the files.

It should be working now. If there's any other problems it's likely due to stray files that aren't updating and we can track them down.

Also, the forums are publish so please only send login details via email or private message. Don't want just anyone accessing your server.

Hope that helps.
interactivetools.com

By rcrofoot - February 12, 2008

Thanks Dave for all the help...Things seem to be working as expected!

Maybe if there was a list available of all files contained in an upgrade , I could have done the leg work myself...

So again, I really appreciate your effort in getting this whole thing up & running...Rick

Re: [rcrofoot] How to reorder images?

By rcrofoot - February 15, 2008

Hi Dave-

Just a quick question:

I have a menu with 1 record...When I delete the record, an error at the top of the sceen displays this error msg:

Notice: Use of undefined constant mysql_affected_rows - assumed 'mysql_affected_rows' in /usr/www/users/decaro/cmsAdmin/lib/menus/default/actionHandler.php on line 73

When I click Refresh, the error message goes away and everything appears to be normal...Is this anything I need to be concerned about, or is everything in fact OK???

Also, 1 more question related to this menu (so much for just a quick question):

This menu contains 5 upload fields for the purpose of uploading PDF files. These PDFs are base on the current month, so next month (March), the user will delete the 5 PDFs from February, and upload new ones for March...So this menu will never contain more than 1 record.

Here's the question...Starting with an empty upload directory, after the user browses & selects the appropriate PDFs and clicks Save, the files are uploaded, and I can see them in the server folder...But when the user deletes the PDFs so they can upload new ones, the ones on the server remain...Is there a way to remove from the server the PDFs that the user deletes in the CMS menu??? (These PDFs must always be named consistently, and CMS seems to be adding numbers at the end of their filenames, rather than overwriting)...

Thanks for your help, Rick

By Dave - February 15, 2008

Thanks for the error report. Try this fix:
http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/P59353#59353

That fix will be in the next version so you won't have to keep re-applying it.

As for the uploads, they should automatically be removed when you click delete. If they're not, it means something isn't working right. It could be that the file or directory list you're looking at is cached in your browser, or the permissions on the server aren't allowing the program to remove it's uploads, or something else.

If you want to just confirm it's not cached in your browser then you could email me login details at dave@interactivetools.com and I could take a look what's going on.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] How to reorder images?

By rcrofoot - February 15, 2008

Dave-

The fix at http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/P59353#59353 worked great...Thanks!

As for the other problem: When I upload PDFs they appear in my servers folder as expected, but when I delete the record from the CMS menu, the PDFs are not removed...There are 5 PDFs in this record...If I delete them one by one they do get removed, but again, not when I delete the entire record...

Also, If I delete them one by one and then click Save, I get this error:

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE num=8' at line 1.

Please let me know if you need my server info, and where to send it...

Many thanks again...Rick

By Dave - February 15, 2008

Sounds like something is amiss on the server. If you can send login details to dave@interactivetools.com I'll login and take a look what's going on. Hopefully it will be a quick fix.
interactivetools.com