How to reorder images?

22 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 18, 2008   (RSS)

By rcrofoot - February 10, 2008 - edited: February 11, 2008

Hi Dave-

I'll try to make this short:

We used to use Realty Manager, and were able to upload 10 photos, and then specify the order in which those photos were displayed...

I'm now tyring to do this in CMS Builder...and haven't quite figured it out yet, but can you tell me if I'm on the right track?:

I noticed that a table called cms_uploads is present, and that it most likely stores info that handles all upload fields from all menus. In the cms_uploads table there is a field called 'order'...Is this field used to specify the order that photos should be displayed within its own record??? And if so, is there a way (in a menu) to let the user specify that order???

Thanks for your help, Rick

Re: [rcrofoot] CMS Builder - Online Documentation Updated!

By Dave - February 10, 2008

The very first column in the upload list should be called "drag" and you can click and drag to reorder uploads.

We added that in v1.07, so if you don't see it you may need to upgrade. Have a look and let me know if that works for you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CMS Builder - Online Documentation Updated!

By rcrofoot - February 10, 2008

Hi Dave-

I upgraded to v1.09 a couple of days ago...there is now a field called drag in the upload list, however clicking & dragging just seems to highlight whatever I drag over...i.e. if I click & drag photo1, and attempt to move it to photo4 position, photo2 and photo3 get highlighted as I move to photo4's position...Nothing actually gets moved...Also the height of the window is so small, it's difficult/awkward to visually do any dragging...

I also noticed that there's a javascript error "black exclamation on yellow" which displays whenever I load a record from my menu's main page...Maybe that's the reason dragging won't work...???

When I check the cms_uploads table, I can see my new entries, and the ordering of the photos...

At this point I just need to be able to re-order photos, add additional photos, or delete existing ones...

Please let me know if you need more detailed info from me...

Many thanks for your help...Rick

By Dave - February 11, 2008

Ok, what browser are you using? Try another browser if you have one. We test with and support recent Firefox and IE.

Also try temporarily disabling any popup blockers and extensions you have that might interfere with javascript.

Let me know the results, we'll do whatever we can to get you up and running quickly.
interactivetools.com

By rcrofoot - February 11, 2008

Dave-

I disabled popup blockers in Firefox, and no luck...Everything we've been discussing I have tried using IE7 and Firefox 2.0...

Maybe tomorrow will yield better results...Should I call in to discuss this with you further???

Thanks, Rick

By rcrofoot - February 11, 2008 - edited: February 11, 2008

Hi Dave-

The menu I created yesterday to test what we were doing is Listings_Test_KA...The photos I tried manipulating are in the Photo 2 field...

In case you want to call, my # is 831-427-1255 (CA)...

Thanks, Rick

I'll check that out. Also, I've edited your post to remove login details. Don't want anyone but us in there! :)

I'll post back shortly when I have some news.
interactivetools.com

Try it now, a few .js files were missing, I uploaded them and it seems to be working.

Give it a try now and let me know if there's any other problems.
interactivetools.com

By rcrofoot - February 12, 2008

Hi Dave-

Thanks for solving this problem!!! It works great!!!

Why were the js files missing...Is it something I missed when I upgraded to 1.09???

Also, one last question: Is it possible to get an upload field to handle more than 25 images, or should I just set up an addition upload field???

Thanks again, Rick