News List Viewer links

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 21, 2008   (RSS)

Re: [nikkijones] News List Viewer links

By Dave - January 21, 2008

Hi Nikki,

>Is it possible using php to just have the link as 'read more' and not show the full file name

Yes, Try search for "_link" and try something like this:

<a href="<?php echo $record['_link'] ?>">read more</a>

I'll research the PDF issue and get back to you on that.

You shouldn't get any errors. What was the workaround? If you want me to login and take a look you can email me FTP at dave@interactivetools.com. Or post more details here and I can try and help you track it down through the forum.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] News List Viewer links

By nikkijones - January 21, 2008

That worked a treat!

The server errors are random, sometimes they happen, sometimes the don't. And even when they do, if i refresh the page, its ok. I'm just a bit worried as I need to demonstrate the site to the company during a presentation in the next couple of weeks and it will be a little embarassing if it keeps happening!

It doesn't seem as bad today so i think i'll see how it goes over the next week and keep you posted.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding the pdf's as my clients uses them a lot!

Thanks Dave.

(i'm definitely going to invest in a few more copies of CMS builder before word gets around and the introductory prices goes!) [:)]

Next time you see an error message could you email it to me at dave@interactivetools.com? I definitely do not want you getting any error messages. Let me know what they are and we'll get to the bottom of it.
interactivetools.com

I double-checked PDF uploads and wasn't able to reproduce any errors. Double check the "File Extensions Allowed" setting for the field. I have mine set to this:

gif, jpg, png, pdf

and I also tried this:

pdf

Can you let me know what yours is set to and what error message you're getting?
interactivetools.com