2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 20, 2008   (RSS)

By Dennis de Rooy - November 20, 2008

Hi guys,

I finally have the time to finish my CMS builder for Flash cms. Well it's not strictly for flash but putting out xml (and doing that very well I might add :) ). Now, the friend I'm building this site for wants to have a registration required/ protected download page. Would you know of a way or have an idea how we can solve that within cms builder? Let me explain what I would like it to do:

You can register with your email adress and then you have acces to the podcasts. So all it really needs to do is store email adresses and check if that email adress is already in the database (not really required, I don't care if someone leaves his or her adress multiple times), after that give acces to the page.

Thanks!

P.S. expect a full flash site with CMS builder behind it, within 2 weeks ;)

Re: [Dennis de Rooy] log in protected page

By Dave - November 20, 2008

Hi Dennis,

CMS Builder doesn't do that by default, so you'll need a little custom Flash and PHP programming.

For the first part, it sound like if you have a flash textfield you just need to make it so if the user enters something and clicks the button it shows the next flash page.

To store it in the database you'll need to send off a request in the middle of that. If you can request an xml file from flash you could request one with the email on the end such as:

logger.xml.php?email=dave@interactivetools.com

Then have that insert that email into the database. That part will require a little custom PHP form. I've attached a basic one that you can use as a base.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
Attachments:

addform_002.php 3K