how to initaite CMS Builder in an existing web site

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 16, 2008   (RSS)

By AndreF - June 16, 2008

Bonjour,

Am considering implementing (at least trying ) CMS Builder for a customer.
A web site already exists.

I see nowhere in the documentation how to accomplish this.

Any instructions available?

Thanks

Re: [AndreF] how to initaite CMS Builder in an existing web site

By Dave - June 16, 2008

Hi AndreF,

We don't have any documentation on converting an existing website but I can certainly help you with that here in the forum.

For the most part the process is as following:
- You create an "editor" in the CMS Admin program that lets you add, modify, and remove information.
- You create a "viewer" page that ends in .php that displays the data on your website.

So if you had a page called "latestNews.html" you might create a new page called "latestNews.php" which would look the same but display the latest news from the CMS database instead of what was in the html.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have more questions.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] how to initaite CMS Builder in an existing web site

By chassa2556 - June 16, 2008

I have just had rather a frustrating time trying to do this on quite a simple site. It would be really useful if there were some examples of how to achieve this. 

Really this product is heralded as user friendly and easy to use for non-coders. However your handholding on getting started is scant to say the least. If you get in trouble your support is second to none howerver it would be good if there was more information to begin with so there was less chance of this happening!

Re: [chassa2556] how to initaite CMS Builder in an existing web site

By Dave - June 16, 2008

Thanks for your feedback. I do agree with you. We've actually been updating the docs this last week and planning new sections to ease people into it more.

Hope that helps, if you have any questions in the meantime that aren't covered in the docs feel free to post!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com