duplicate upload names concern

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 8, 2012   (RSS)

Hi all,

While backing up our existing site prior to publishing a rewrite I noticed that in the cmsAdmin/uploads folder there appear to be some filenames duplicated for example kitchen.jpg bedroom.jpg presumably this is due to the site being on a linux server which is case sensitive however I cannot then back these files up to a windows system or presumably ever transfer it to a windows server as the system is not case sensitive and would overwrite existing files of the same name regardless of capitalisation of characters.

Does anyone have a way of overcoming this or preferably ensuring that upload file names are all converted to lowercase when being saved in order to avoid this issue occurring?

Thanks in advance.

Re: [willydoit] duplicate upload names concern

By Jason - January 8, 2012

Hi,

When you say you have upload names duplicated do you mean like having kitchen.jpg and Kitchen.jpg?

If you want to have all uploaded records switched to all lower case, you could create a custom plugin to do this, using the upload_saveAsFilename filter.

In terms of moving the records you already have. You would need to manually distinguish the file names, and then update the uploads table with those changes.

Are there many files affected by this?

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/