array error on login screen

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 30, 2020   (RSS)

By rez - December 30, 2020 - edited: December 30, 2020

CMS Builder v3.53 (Build 2265)

Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home4/totalima/public_html/website.com/cmsb/lib/menus/header_functions.php on line 177 

I have been getting the above error on the login screen. I was ignoring it since this was just an installation for various experiments.

I was using php 7.3. I switched to 7.2 and it goes away. However,  the General settings gives me the security warning: Upgrade to PHP v7.3 or newer (Your server is running PHP v7.2.34)

Please advise.

Edit: I switched back to PHP 7.3. The error has not returned... odd. My error log was filled with it before. No new entries in the error log which I have now cleared. Staying with PHP 7.3. Not sure what that error meant. Any idea what was happening? Going to now upgrade and check out the media library... *shrug*

By hans - December 30, 2020

This is the problematic line 177:

elseif (@$menu['visibility'] == 'requireAdmin' && !empty($CURRENT_USER['isAdmin']))                   { $userHasMenuAccess = true; } // allow access to admin for admin menus

My best guess is, $CURRENT_USER was false, since you were not logged in, but the checking still happened. In any case, it's a very rare case and won't happen very often.

If you run into more problems like it in the future, feel free to reply here.

Hans Marcon
PHP Programmer (In Training)
interactivetools.com