Wysiwyg Problem with cmsbuilder_2_53

5 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 16, 2013   (RSS)

By JeffC - May 13, 2013

I am experiencing a problem with tinymce and a new install of cmsbuilder

I have a wysiwig content area. When I style the text with tinymce instead of displaying the text in the correct style it wraps it in a tag and displays the tag itself. For example instead of changing text to display as a list it leaves the text unstyled but with <ul><li> at the begining and </li></ul> at the end of the text. Screen shot attached

Any ideas?

I have tried a reinstall of the cms and have deleted tiny_mce_cache...gz in the cms Data file

Thanks

Jeff

By rconring - May 13, 2013

Well, without seeing the code that is used to display this field, it is hard to make a precise diagnosis, but one thing stands out in the text that could cause it to render wrong ... there are a lot of quotes and apostrophes in the text and you have a quote instead of an apostrophe in the word .... Devon"s leading suppliers.  If I had to troubleshoot this, I would add the text one line at a time until it  breaks.

Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

By JeffC - May 13, 2013

Thanks Ron but I tried that too. It goes wrong with just one word. 

Jeff

I'm guessing that its an issue in your code.  Check and see if your code to display the content is written like this:

<?php echo htmlencode($detailRecord['content']) ?>

If htmlencode is present, remove it and display the php code like this:

<?php echo $detailRecord['content']; ?>

That will get rid of all the html markup.

--
northernpenguin
Northern Penguin Technologies

"Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic."
........Arthur C. Clarke

By JeffC - May 16, 2013

Thanks northernpenguin - that's it!

Sometimes my biggest head-scratching problems seem to be the simplest ones to solve.  :)

Cheers

Jeff

Jeff