What happened to our Logo?

11 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 9, 2008   (RSS)

By blukabm - December 4, 2008

We recently had to rebuild our server, with that said we need to restore things as they were. We recently restored the CMS pages with your help. ( we had the database but not the backend pages) Thanks for helping out there.

Now I am noticing that there is no place to upload our logo? Did something happen in the restore? We now only have the ability to add text. The logo is in the right place on the server named logo.gif...

See pic
Attachments:

picture-1_002.png 81K

Re: [blukabm] What happened to our Logo?

By Perchpole - December 5, 2008

It looks like your CMSB has been upgraded to the latest version - which uses a new admin layout. The menu now runs up the left hand side of the page. As a result there is no-loner any space to put the old logo/placeholder.

:0)

Perch

Re: [Perchpole] What happened to our Logo?

By blukabm - December 5, 2008

So are you stating that in the newer versions there is not the ability to add a logo. You can only add text? That seems like a down-grade in features...
[mad]

By Perchpole - December 5, 2008

[font "Verdana"]

[font "Verdana"]That seems like a down-grade in features...

Why would you say that? What's the point of having a logo in the back-end anyway - especially if the logo doesn't fit in with the rest of the page design!?

If it's that important you could hard-code the image into the template. That would be the "complete" sollution.

Perch

By zip222 - December 5, 2008

Another option is to insert the logo on the page using CSS image-replacement. Worked well for me and much easier to roll out to other sites.

By Dave - December 5, 2008

It has been taken out. We didn't want to continue with the old logo because it was customized to fit with the old header bar and wouldn't look right (it had that curve in the bottom right).

You could hard code it in /lib/menus/header.php and/or we can add field for a new logo field for an upcoming version if you like.

Let me know.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [jdancisin] What happened to our Logo?

By aev - December 8, 2008 - edited: December 8, 2008

Another option is to insert the logo on the page using CSS image-replacement. Worked well for me and much easier to roll out to other sites.

I vote for this.

A CSS solution makes it so easy when deploying for new clients and when upgrading existing ones!

-aev-

Re: [Dave] What happened to our Logo?

By blukabm - December 8, 2008

Dave thanks for your response, though its not good news to me, I would rather not stop or slow down development of product improvements for a thing as little as a logo.

But, with that said, I still value the logo placement, as any business person would understand, it helps clarify where to get support and helps build brand equity with ones clients. ( I use my companies logo in the back-end, not my clients)

I am all for the CSS image replacement idea. I would love to see that incorporate in the new version... Yes, I agree its a time savor.

Keep up the good work!

-Troy

By zip222 - December 8, 2008

Nothing really needs to be incorporated into the next release. This can be done now by uploading your logo and then making a slight modification to the ui.css file. You can then re-purpose the css file and the image on your other sites.

Re: [jdancisin] What happened to our Logo?

By Dave - December 8, 2008

Can you post the CSS you're using?

I may even add it but leave it commented out by default.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com