Website Membership - Error?

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 1, 2011   (RSS)

By (Deleted User) - July 1, 2011 - edited: July 1, 2011

I thought my original problem was about showing/restricting content, but it turns out it is actually something else. I am receiving the following error message, which disappears when I deactivate the plug-in. I am using php includes for my header file, don't know if there might be some conflict there?

Couldn't start session! 'session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/siriusth/public_html/dmvendorcatalog/head.php:9)'!

Re: [cKopyar] Website Membership - Error?

By (Deleted User) - July 1, 2011

It appears that if I remove the php code that calls the records in the header, then the membership plug-in will allow the page to to display, but the moment it is back in there, the error message re-appears. Formatting issue?

Re: [cKopyar] Website Membership - Error?

By gkornbluth - July 1, 2011

Hi cKopyar,

It can get a little tricky at times.

I had a similar issue trying to include a CAPTCHA proram.

Here's the code that got it to work:

<?php
include_once('captcha/captchac_lib.php');
session_write_close ();
?>

<?php

// load viewer library
$libraryPath = 'cmsAdmin/lib/viewer_functions.php';
$dirsToCheck = array('/server_path_to/my_site.com/','','../','../../','../../../');
foreach ($dirsToCheck as $dir) { if (@include_once("$dir$libraryPath")) { break; }}
if (!function_exists('getRecords')) { die("Couldn't load viewer library, check filepath in sourcecode."); }

list($common_informationRecords, $common_informationMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'common_information',
'where' => whereRecordNumberInUrl(1),
'limit' => '1',
));
$common_informationRecord = @$common_informationRecords[0]; // get first record

list($horizontal_menu_entriesRecords, $horizontal_menu_entriesMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'horizontal_menu_entries',
));

list($vertical_menu_entriesRecords, $vertical_menu_entriesMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'vertical_menu_entries',
));
list($footer_menu_entriesRecords, $footer_menu_entriesMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'footer_menu_entries',
));
?>
<?php header('Content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8'); ?>

<?php if (!@$GLOBALS['WEBSITE_MEMBERSHIP_PLUGIN']) { die("You must activate the Website Membership plugin before you can access this page."); } ?>

There's a lot more about getting the memebership plugin to work the way you want it to (and about setting up searches) in my CMSB Cookbook http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com

Hope that works for you.

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php