WYSIWYG editor

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 9, 2008   (RSS)

By lozzer - December 6, 2008

Hi,

I have just done my first CMS builder install on a client site but have a problem with the WYSIWYG editor, in that it does not appear. Instead I just have blank space. I have seen others with the same issue and have followed the same procedure, checking multiple browsers (the WYSIWYG editors on other client sites running Page Publisher etc work fine) and also the test page on moxiecode.com. How can it be fixed?

Thanks

Re: [lozzer] WYSIWYG editor

By Dave - December 6, 2008

Hi lozzer, welcome to the CMS Builder forum! :)

Check that the permissions on /tinymce3/ folder are 755 (not writable for group or world users). The wysiwyg javascript files are served up by a PHP script that compresses them for speed. And sometimes PHP scripts won't run in writable directories.

If that doesn't work feel free to email me CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com and I can take a look (email, don't post login details to the forum).

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] WYSIWYG editor

By Dave - December 9, 2008

Just a follow up on this for anyone with the same problem. In some rare cases (such as this) the web server has compression enabled and it "double compresses" the tinymce javascript which makes it not work.

We fixed this by adding the following code to /tinymce3/tiny_mce_zip.php

After this line:
$compress = getParam("compress", "true") == "true";

I added this line (to disable compression):
$compress = false;

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] WYSIWYG editor

By lozzer - December 9, 2008

Thanks. That did the trick!