User Accounts and Category Menu

8 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 13, 2009   (RSS)

By jsantari - December 15, 2008

I am building a cms where I want to maintain admin control but give a Manager ability to edit the different content sections. I just discovered that I can not give a user Section Access to sections that are type Category Menu. It appears that it is automatically forcing this type to admin only access! How can I override this. I need to be able to allow my Manager type user to edit these Category Menus. I use one as the dynamic menu structure for content pages and one to categorize members on the site. If I have to give the user access as admin then they can get at other things that I don't want them to see or touch.

Re: [jsantari] User Accounts and Category Menu

By Dave - December 16, 2008

Hi jsantari,

Thanks for reporting that. I can add that for the next version. If you'd like I can send you a beta version in advance. Feel free to email me at dave@interactivetools.com

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] User Accounts and Category Menu

By eduran582 - December 19, 2008

Hi Dave and jsantari,

I too would like to be able to assign users "Manager" rights and be able to assign them to "category" menu types as well as "single". I'm still in the process of creating the areas and would like to try out the "beta" version if this will do the trick. Should I email you as well?

Eric

Re: [eduran582] User Accounts and Category Menu

By Dave - December 22, 2008

Hi Eric,

Sure, email me for a beta at dave@interactivetools.com, otherwise, I'll probably have a new release out early next week.

Hope that helps helps! :)
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] User Accounts and Category Menu

By eduran582 - December 22, 2008

Thanks for replying, Dave. [:)]

If it's as early as next week, I can wait. Like I said, I haven't made the site available to anyone yet. Appreicate the attention to this!

Merry Christmas! [;)]

Eric

By eduran582 - January 10, 2009

Dave,

Any progress on having area access based on login yet? What I'm looking for is essentially what was posted earlier; e.g., a way to allow user's to login and restrict what sections they can see and edit, based on login.

Hope you and yours had a great New Year! [;)]

Eric

By ross - January 12, 2009

Hi there.

I know I heard Dave talking about this release. It's actually being testing about 10 feet to my left right now :). Dave isn't in the office today but I'll check in with him tomorrow for you. Had you sent an email to dave@interactivetools.com yet?

That's probably the best way to check in, but I will pass along the message :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Dave - January 13, 2009

I have a zip I can send you with this. Feel free to email me at dave@interactivetools.com for that.

Hope that helps.
interactivetools.com