This program requires the PHP 'GD' extension.

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 29, 2008   (RSS)

By kingjohn - May 29, 2008

[font "Times New Roman"]I just bought cms builder.

[font "Times New Roman"]I uploaded the filled, now I was ready to start.

[font "Times New Roman"]Wanted to start the admin page and got.[font "Times New Roman"] [font "Arial"][font "Times New Roman"]This program requires the PHP 'GD' extension.
Please ask your server administrator to install missing PHP extension(s).

[font "Arial"]Can I get some help please? [font "Arial"] [font "Arial"]Thanks. [font "Arial"]Joe

Re: [kingjohn] This program requires the PHP 'GD' extension.

By Berkowitz - May 29, 2008

Hi,

I had the same message when I upgraded tot cms v1.15. Just look into your Control Panel and change the php version to version bigger dan 4.x. That did the trick for me. 'GD' is something that has to be enabled in your php.ini file and it's not enabled with every php version.

Hope that helps you.

Greetz,
Berkowitz

By kingjohn - May 29, 2008

Thank you.

I hope it is the ini file, because I am using PHP version 5.0, so I don't need no update on that end.

regards

Joe

By Dave - May 29, 2008

Hi Joe,

This page here (http://php.net/manual/en/image.setup.php) says GD has been bundled with PHP since v4.3. But the PHP docs aren't always correct.

My guess is either your host may not have setup PHP or GD correctly or the code that detects if GD is there isn't working correctly.

I can take a look at your server if you like. Just send CMS and FTP login details to dave@interactivetools.com (email, don't post login details to forum).

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com