Syntax Error MYSQ

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 18, 2008   (RSS)

By edandrea - June 17, 2008

MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Number LIMIT 25 OFFSET 0' at line 1

Inside my CMS I created a subject called Featured listings and all of a sudden I get the message above in my browser and within the CMS under the subject.

The Browsere actually says: getRecords(custom) MySQL Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Number LIMIT 10' at line 3

Any Ideas.

Re: [edandrea] Syntax Error MYSQ

By Dave - June 17, 2008

Hi edandrea,

Go into Admin > Section Editors for the section that is causing the error.

First, check that you have a field called "Number". If you don't you'll need to remove it from the fields listed in the sorting tab.

Next, click through all the tabs and check the fieldnames look correct. Sometimes when removing fields if a fieldname is still left in the searching or order by tab you'll get an error because it's trying to sort the record by a field that is no longer there.

If that doesn't fix it feel free to email me CMS login details to dave@interactivetools.com (email, don't post login details to forum) and I can take a look.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Syntax Error MYSQ

By edandrea - June 17, 2008 - edited: June 18, 2008

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response. I believe I did what you asked me to do and checked the tabs. I renamed what I thought was the trouble area and re pasted it into my .html page but still having the same trouble.

I emailed you back with the login info.

You are going to see two tabs, listings home ( which I will eventually delete) and featured listings (the one I am having trouble with).

For anybody else having the same trouble; I was sorting by "Field Label" and not "Field Name". I had to refresh a couple of times but it did eventually work. So in actuality sort by "Field Name".

Re: [edandrea] Syntax Error MYSQ

By Dave - June 18, 2008

edandrea,

Thanks for posting back and glad it's working now.

I've added some more error checking code to the next version to make it easier to identify and resolve these kinds of problems in future.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com