SimpleCart Regions Import

By Perchpole - April 8, 2014

Hello, All

SimpleCart comes with a set of predefined regions and provinces for shipping - which can be found in the table cms__sc_provinces. However, as a Brit, I'm disapointed to discover it doesn't include any regions for the United Kingdom! Thankfully I have been able to source a list (including codes). I've prepared the data as a CSV file. I'm just not sure how to go about importing it.

I own the CSVImport plugin - but it will not allow me to choose the cms__sc_provinces table.

I could import the CSV directly via phpMyAdmin - but I'm not sure if I should (a) just import the new data or (b) clear the entire table and import all of the regions again in one hit.

Any advice would be most welcome.

:0)

Perchpole

By Chris - April 11, 2014

Hi Perchpole,

Back up the _sc_provinces table first in Admin > General Settings, then you can try anything you like! :)

I suspect CSVImport may be ignoring the table because it starts with an underscore. Could you use phpMyAdmin to rename the table to not have a leading underscore, then use CSVImport, then rename it back?

If you're able to import the CSV directly via phpMyAdmin, I'd just do that. You probably want to just import the new data without cleaning the table. If you don't have any historical orders, there should be no risk in clearing the table, however.

Also, please send us your list and I'll see if we can include it in future versions! :)

All the best,
Chris