Search then search again

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 27, 2009   (RSS)

By benedict - April 27, 2009

Hi guys,

I'm working on a site that sells horse food around the world. We are going to have a Distributor Search page.

First the user will select their country from a drop box. This then presents/populates another drop box below where they need to select their state/county. Once they select this, then they will be presented with the list of distributors in their state/county.

If this was just a country search, I could do this fine as I have used your search tool before for this kind of thing. But one search presenting results to be used in another search is a bit beyond me.

While it would be awesome to do it with AJAX, my research of three hours has shown that that too may be beyond me for now. So I don;t mind if the page reloads for each step.

If this means I need to employ your services for some custom work, I'm happy to do so, but thought I would ask first.

Cheers,

B

Re: [benedict] Search then search again

By ross - April 27, 2009

Hi there.

Thanks for posting!

What you are looking for could also be done using some JavaScript but in either case, it isn't something the program does on its own and I think that will end up being a bit more than we can handle through the form.

Could you email me through consulting@interactivetools.com and we'll see what options work best that way?

Thanks!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/