Record not found!

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 15, 2008   (RSS)

By lortiz - December 12, 2008

I have a test site set up in a sub folder of my site which uses an index.php file linking to include files in a separate folder. I seem to be connecting to the 'stream' and my page loads but although I have created all the necessary table/record info, it is still unable to find the records on any pages other than my index file linking to the main content include.

index.php>main.inc.php - works
index.php>page.inc.php - does not work

I have a script in my index page to manage the 'content' include:
Attachments:

index_007.php 1K

contact-inc.php 1K

Re: [lortiz] Record not found!

By Dave - December 12, 2008

Hi lortiz, welcome to the CMS Builder forum! :)

The code looks good from what I can tell.

Can you post the urls to pages? Or if you like just email me CMS and FTP login details directly to dave@interactivetools.com (email, don't post login details to the forum). It's probably something simple, but hard to see from the code alone.

Hope that helps.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Record not found!

By lortiz - December 12, 2008

...sent. :)

By Dave - December 14, 2008

Hi lortiz,

I responded via email. Essentially the automatic search features were detecting to content=company and hiding records that didn't match that. I added this option to the viewer to disable auto search filtering:

'allowSearch' => false,

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other problems with this.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Record not found!

By lortiz - December 15, 2008

Thanks for all your help Dave. What exactly is this disabling? What is auto search? Will I still be able to implement a search feature for the site?

By Dave - December 15, 2008

Hi lortiz,

The built in search features are described here:
http://www.interactivetools.com/docs/cmsbuilder/viewer_search.html

Basically if you had a viewer that displayed a list of records you could create a search for or add values on the url like this to _filter_ the results:

viewer.php?company_keyword=tools
viewer.php?price_min=100
etc

The values you were using in your url just happened to match both this format and a fieldname in your CMS causing it to filter the results even though you didn't want that.

You'll be able to use searching in other places without any problem. You can disable the search features on a viewer by viewer basis if they get in the way with this line:
'allowSearch' => false,

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions about that.
interactivetools.com