Rebranding assistance...

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 24, 2008   (RSS)

By kkegans - July 24, 2008

Greetings to the Interactive Tools staff,

I am in the middle of re-branding CMS Builder for my clients website and found a series of .php pages dealing with the Admin that do not rely on your style sheets for their display. So far I have identified the following files as having imbedded style (color declarations mostly) information:
login.php
install.php
home.php
dbConnectionError.php

I am just curious if there is a reason for this, or was it just development done in different stages and rthe use of the system wide style sheets was overlooked?

It would really be nice if all of the styling could be done in the style sheets, without having to touch each of these files separately.

Kurt
CMSB Rocks!

Thanks,

Kurt

Re: [kkegans] Rebranding assistance...

By Dave - July 24, 2008

Hi Kurt,

Yes we do have some inline CSS and I can see how it would be annoying when you're trying to change the colors.

It's probably the result of a number of factors, but we do want to clean-up and simplify the CSS. We didn't anticipate that anyone would want to change the colors but I've seen a few installs where people have.

We need to either update or redesign the interface some point soon to allow multi-level menus so perhaps when we do that we can clean up that CSS code.

With the next interface redesign I think I'm also going to drop the top left logo image so it doesn't need to manually edited for each install to replace "CMS Builder" and come up with something else that looks good but it easier to update.

Thanks for the feedback!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com