Readding DragSort Field

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 10, 2008   (RSS)

By _kate_ - October 14, 2008 - edited: October 14, 2008

I have upgraded an older version of CMS builder and would like to use the drag sort feature for some of the existing product listing sections. Is there any way to add it in without having to recreate the sections (and then recreate the products under each section)...?

Re: [_kate_] Readding DragSort Field

By Dave - October 14, 2008

Hi Kate,

Yes, go into: Admin > Section Editors > Your Section

At the the top of the field list enter the following for "Quick Add" field:
Field Label: dragSortOrder
Field Type: None
Field Name: dragSortOrder

Next, click the "General" tab and add this to the beginning of "ListPage Fields":
dragSortOrder,

Then click the "Sorting" tab and add this for "Order By":
dragSortOrder DESC

Then click "Save".

Now click on your section and you should have a grip icon that you can drag sort list. Let me know if that works for you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Readding DragSort Field

By NigelGordijk - December 9, 2008

Hi, Dave.

I've tired this and the grip icons appear - and work - perfectly. However, there is also a column with the heading "Order" which has "UP" and "DN" links. Is there a way of deleting this column, to avoid confusion for the client?

Thanks.
Nigel Gordijk

Common Sense Design: User-focused Web design
Tel: 001 519 342 5348 | Web: www.commonsensedesign.net

Re: [NigelGordijk] Readding DragSort Field

By Dave - December 9, 2008

Hi Nigel,

Are you trying to use dragSortOrder on a category section? Category sections already have a sorting mechanism built in (the up/dn links).

Let me know if that's the issue or if it's something else.
interactivetools.com

By NigelGordijk - December 9, 2008 - edited: December 9, 2008

This is a section where the client can add events to a calendar: http://www.amgltd.biz/diaryList.php

The far left column has the heading Order. Underneath this are UP and DN links for each item that has been entered in CMS Builder. The next column is headed Drag and has the grey arrows that allow you to drag a record into whatever order you want.

This was all set up a couple of months ago and I can't for the life of me remember why I have the first column there! I only added the Drag column today and now I want to get rid of the Order column all together.
Nigel Gordijk

Re: [NigelGordijk] Readding DragSort Field

By Dave - December 9, 2008

What's the "menu type" under section editors? Is it "category"? If so you'll need to change it back in the schema file in /data/schema/sectionName.ini.php

Just set the following:
menuType = "multi"

It's very odd that it's like that. If you want me to take a look feel free to email me login details to dave@interactivetools.com.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

By NigelGordijk - December 10, 2008

Perfect! Thanks, Dave.
Nigel Gordijk