Problem with Viewing Page When all Titles are Listed

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 1, 2010   (RSS)

By invisions - February 1, 2010

Hello. About a week ago I got help to have all Titles in a Section listed on a Page. I have done this, and it works.

However, when I click on one of the titles listed on the page so I can view that article, an error comes up saying:

Set Detail Page Url for this section in: Admin > Section Editors > Viewer Urls

Currently I have nothing set for Detail Page URL. I did set something before, but if I use any page for the Detail Page URL, I am told the page does not exist.

Here is the code I am using to list all titles on a page:
<?php foreach ($water_wastewaterRecords as $record): ?>
<a href="<?php echo $record['_link'] ?>"><?php echo $record['title'] ?></a>
<br/>
<hr/>
<?php endforeach ?>

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? When I click a record, I would like the full article displayed.

You can view the page with all records listed by going to:
http://clients.taoti.com/eaest/http://clients.taoti.com/eaest/featured_projects_federal_list.php

Please response soon about this.

Thank you.
Daniel Pegues
invisionshosting.com

Re: [invisions] Problem with Viewing Page When all Titles are Listed

By invisions - February 1, 2010

And, how do I create a newsDetail.php page, and what code do I put in this page so that it knows to load the content when the title is clicked?
Daniel Pegues
invisionshosting.com

Re: [invisions] Problem with Viewing Page When all Titles are Listed

By gkornbluth - February 1, 2010 - edited: February 1, 2010

Hi Daniel,

List pages and their associated detail pages can be thought of as a "set".

In order to display any information about a specific record when you click a link on a list page you'll need to create a detail page to display that information.

When you click on a particular link on the list page, CMSB automatically puts the correct record number at the end of the link URL and only the information from that record will be shown on the detail page.

It's really easy to create a detail page.

In your water_wastewater section editor enter/featured_projects_federal_list_detail.php as the detail page URL

Go to the code generator in the CMSB admin area of your site and choose the water_wastewater section from the pulldown menu.

Next, click on detail page as the viewer type and then on show code.

Paste this code into a blank page, save it as featured_projects_federal_list_detail.php and upload it to the same directory as your list page.

Now open the list page in your browser and click on a link. The detail page will open and display information about the specific record. (if not check the name of the detail page against the detail page entry in the water_wastewater section. Dont forget the "/")

Once that's working, you can go back to your web page editor, delete the unwanted fields and other information from your detail page mock up, and style the page to match the rest of your site.

Hope that helps you .

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php