Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting in php.ini.

3 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 29, 2008   (RSS)

By _kate_ - September 28, 2008

Just noticed that since upgrading all my CMS websites I keep getting this error. I found a thread after searching which will hopefully resolve the issue >
http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Products_C2/CMS_Builder_F35/gforum.cgi?post=65432;search_string=safe_mode;t=search_engine#65432

however I just thought i'd mention it incase it's something that needs to be looked into :)

My websites are hosted in 3 different places so not sure it's necessarily the web hosting.

Re: [AgentBristow] Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting in php.ini.

By ross - September 29, 2008

Hi.

Thanks for posting!

I definitely think you found the right forum posts there so let me know how you make out. Our dev team may want to get some more details from you. That usually happens through private messages and emails in the meantime though, if that other post gets you going, great! If it doesn't, let me know and we'll look into this some more for you [:)].
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [AgentBristow] Please disable the 'safe_mode' setting in php.ini.

By Dave - September 29, 2008

safe_mode has been removed from the latest version of PHP (6.0 in development) and is generally considered to be a flawed approach to the problem of PHP security.

I know that some hosts still do have it on, though. I haven't seen too many, but if it continues to be a problem let us know and we can try and code around it for future versions.

The problem with safe_mode is that the host can disable arbitrary parts of PHP, so you never really know what's going to work and what won't, and you get strange errors (and sometimes none).

But in any case, if we keep seeing it come up we'll do our best to code around the issues so it will run on those hosts as well.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com