Personnel records by CMS

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 26, 2008   (RSS)

By keith_s - August 26, 2008

I have a client that needs me to set up CMS that, in addition to doing the standard page editing, also needs to have the ability to create a set of records that will function as a membership directory, complete with names, addresses, phone numbers, and photos. The membership directory will need to be searchable (by name at least, if not other fields as well) if possible.

Also, the client will need me to create a "newsletter" type of feature. Is it possible for us to create a function that would always display the most current "newsletter", but would create links to previous versions as well? (basically creating a new record each time they want to publish a new newsletter and archiving the old ones).

I'm pretty sure that CMS will do all of this, but this will be the first time that I've used these features if I land the client, and I want to make sure that either I am able to tackle it or that I have help at hand if needed, free or paid. I know php fairly well, but am not extremely familiar with this CMS program yet, although it's pretty powerful from what I've seen thus far.

Re: [webgfx] Personnel records by CMS

By Dave - August 26, 2008

Hi webgfx, welcome to the CMS Builder forum.

Yes, CMS Builder can do everything you mentioned.

For the membership directory, you can add custom fields and then create a list viewer and search engine if needed. The docs for creating search engines are here:
http://www.interactivetools.com/docs/cmsbuilder/viewer_search.html

For the newsletter, you could have a record for each newsletter, then sort them by date and have a page that shows the latest one, as well as links to older ones.

Note that CMS Builder can't password protect website pages with the membership data or email out the newsletter. But everything else should be fine.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com