Notice: Problems after upgrading?

1 posts by 1 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 5, 2010   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Donna - April 5, 2010

We've noticed a few people having issues with their sites immediately after upgrading CMS Builder to a new version. The good news is, it's super easy to fix this: Refresh your cache. :)

Here's how to do this in the latest version of the four most common browsers:

In Firefox, you can do this by going to Tools -> Clear Recent History and change the time range to "Everything". One thing I like to do (because I have a lot of saved passwords that I don't want to re-enter) is click on the "Details" button and leave a few things unchecked, but make sure that "Cache" is checked. :)

In Interent Explorer, go to Tools -> Internet Options and under "Browsing History" hit "Delete". This will pop up a list of things you can delete -- the important one here is Temporary Internet Files.

In Google Chrome, click the wrench icon, then choose Options, and click "Under the Hood". Click "Clear Browsing Data" and make sure "Empty the Cache" is selected, and set the "Clear Date" period to "Everything".

In Safari, click the "Safari" menu, and choose "Empty Cache".

This will fix virtually all post-upgrading issues, be it a javascript error, something weird with the wysiwyg, or even menus not working as expected. If you've tried this and you're still having trouble after your upgrade, create a new post and let us know and we can give you a hand with that. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com