Not able to edit single record pages

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 12, 2008   (RSS)

By Mel - September 11, 2008

Hi,

Seem to be having a problem editing a single page record - but it could be me just having a mental block[:)]

I log into admin panel - so far so good I can select a multiple page record (bios) and edit any one of the bios

But when it comes to a single record page for example 'work ', which is a section about recruiting requirements and has information in it already, when I press on the link at the top of the page in the admin control panel the only option it gives me is to save or cancel, it shows me the title of the page and has content on the left hand side but is not displaying the content box

I seem to remember this happening once before on my single record pages - but really cannot remember what I did to remedy the situation

Any suggestion please?

Thanks Mel

Re: [mel] Not able to edit single record pages

By Donna - September 11, 2008

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your post. :)

What kind of a field do you have set there? Is it a text box or a WYSIWYG box? Is it set to be the same kind you have for your other sections?

If it's just not displaying the WYSIWYG box, you may want to try re-uploading the "tinymce3" directory. Otherwise... if you can give me more details about what's not showing and what you're expecting to see, that'd be great. :)

I hope this helps!
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Not able to edit single record pages

Hi Donna,

not displaying the WYSIWYG box pretty sure that is what boxes were as I coded some links into one of the pages and also some H1 & H2's

Have tried reloading "tinymce3" has made no difference

Mel

By Dave - September 11, 2008

Hi Mel,

There could be some special configuration or issue with your server that is preventing the wysiwyg from working .

If you can email me CMS and FTP login details I can take a look for you (email to dave@interactivetools.com, don't post login details to the forum).

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Not able to edit single record pages

Hi Dave,

Looks as as though the problem with Firefox - or at least after the recent update of Firefox, as it was working without problem before that

Tried Login through IE and low and behold you can access the the complete single record details - the content box comes up with all the formating options etc, etc

Cannot imagine what in Firefox could be causing it but no problem at all in IE

Thanks - Mel[:)]

By Donna - September 11, 2008

Hi Mel,

What version of Firefox did you upgrade to, and what version of CMS Builder are you using?

The WYSIWYG editor did break in Firefox 3, but the latest version of CMS Builder has been updated to work with Firefox 3 as well. If you need to, you can download the latest version here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/upgrade/
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Not able to edit single record pages

By Mel - September 12, 2008

Hi Mel,

What version of Firefox did you upgrade to, and what version of CMS Builder are you using?

The WYSIWYG editor did break in Firefox 3, but the latest version of CMS Builder has been updated to work with Firefox 3 as well. If you need to, you can download the latest version here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/upgrade/

Running version 1.15 of CMS and version 3.01 of Firefox, will try the CMS update

Thanks - Mel