Move site/Change hosts/MySQL export/import

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 3, 2009   (RSS)

Hi there,

My site has been completed on my test server and i'm now ready to go live with it on the clients server using a temporary domain until it is configured properly.

So far, i've uploaded all the files as they were on my test server, created a new mysql database on the new server, exported the contents from the previous mysql database into the new one and installed CMS on the new site.

I am able to log in but i just get the admin section not any of the section editors i created previously. There were two user accounts set up on my server and these have been transferred to the new server as i can see my two accounts. I also know the rest of the mysql data has been transferred as when i try to create a new section editor - it tells me that the table name already exists/is in use.

Am i just missing something really simple? i've used phpmyadmin to export/import each table as it wouldn't let me just move the whole database across.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Nikki [:)]

Re: [nikkijones] Move site/Change hosts/MySQL export/import

By Dave - February 3, 2009

Hi Nikki,

The program has some extra data files (that we call "schema files") that it checks to know which sections to show.

Copy all the files in cmsAdmin/data/schema/*.* from your development server to your live server in the same dir and it should start working.

Hope that helps! Let me know if that fixes it.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com