Membersip plugin 2 membership levels

By towtimes - March 17, 2011

Hello Sorry if this has been asked but I could not find my exact question.

We currently have a site written in 100% custom code that allows people to sign up and become distributors. Meaning they have access to the back end so they can post listings of trucks or equipment they have for sale.

We would also like to have a user sign up box this would grant only the ability to save searches maybe favorite a listing.

The developer that built the site has moved on so we would have to shift over to CMSB first. Before we do that I want to know with this plugin can deliver the features I just listed.

So my question is can the plugin be configured to have 2 levels of granting access on the same site?

Thank you
Chris

Re: [towtimes] Membersip plugin 2 membership levels

By Jason - March 17, 2011

Hi Chris,

Yes, you can do this. In CMS Builder, all user accounts are stored in a section call accounts. When someone logs into the system using the Website Membership plugin, you can access any information stored about that user in the accounts section.

For example, you could create a field in accounts called user_type. After someone has logged in, you can check the value of that field like this:

<?php if($CURRENT_USER['user_type'] == "distributor") :?>
// code here.
<?php endif ?>

With CMS Builder you can also set individual users to have different access permissions to tables in the back end.

Hope this helps clarify. Please let us know if you have any more questions.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Membersip plugin 2 membership levels

By towtimes - March 17, 2011 - edited: March 17, 2011

Thanks for answering,
Right now it goes like this.

1. click on distributor link
2. enter your email and password
3. log in and enter your company information, billing, ect..
4. They can click on the listing button that takes them to a page where they can enter trucks and equipment they have for sale. ( it is a pretty stander form like most car sites have)

In addition to that I want a form people can fill out to become a member all this would ask is the basic information and allow them to save searches no posting privileges.

I do have one more question can they sign up it emails me and I have to approve them before they can start posting.

Sounds like the plugins can do this

Thanks

Re: [towtimes] Membersip plugin 2 membership levels

By Jason - March 17, 2011

Hi,

Yes, you can set it up to do this, but it will require some custom coding. The plugin itself won't do these things automatically. It just provides a way of helping you do this more easily.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/