Membership access to some or all pages

By ScottL - July 30, 2010

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

My client offers 8 different insurance programs - a member will be granted access to view any number of them - one, some, or all. Each insurance program will simply be a single Detail page

Ideally, when a user logs-in, they are forwarded to their landing page showing a list of "Insurance Programs" available to them.

My client will "signup" a member and designate access via checkboxes. I see how the list is created in the User editor with checkboxes (multi value) and list options.

What code do I need to confirm membership level after login that displays a formatted landing page with links to respective areas?

Thanks

Re: [thinkng] Membership access to some or all pages

By Jason - July 30, 2010

Hi,

If you're using the membership plugin, and your storing their "Membership level" in the accounts table, you should be able to access this variable using $CURRENT_USER['*FIELD NAME*'] where *FIELD NAME* is the name of the field in the accounts table that your storing their membership level in.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Membership access to some or all pages

By JLynne77 - September 16, 2010

Sort of along the same lines, in the sign up area, you have the instructions:

''replace '_sample' with the table you want the user to access
replace '6' with the access level they should have: 0=none, 6=author, 9=editor
replace '1' with the max listings they are allowed"

I'm not show how this translates into someone accessing a members only area of a site.

For example, our client is an association. Members with logins will be able to access a front end with information, forms, and other things that general members and non-members can't get to.

- Does this mean that I have to add all the tables for that area of the site to those users?
- Do I list them with commas or does each table require a separate line?
- Does access level 'none' mean that they can't access that area at all or just that they can't sign into the CMS backend?
- What does the max listings line mean?

Thanks.
-----
~Jessica Sullivan, Crystal Realm Designs.

Re: [Duches77] Membership access to some or all pages

By Jason - September 16, 2010

Hi Jessica,

Adding lines to the accesslist table is only required for users who are accessing the CMS Backend (ie, actually logging into CMS Builder and accessing records there). If you are using the signup form that came with the website membership plugin, then by default those users don't have any back end permissions.

If users only need to log in and access the front end, you don't need to set up any user permissions.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Membership access to some or all pages

By JLynne77 - September 16, 2010

That's exactly what I was hoping for. LOL... thanks! [cool]
-----
~Jessica Sullivan, Crystal Realm Designs.

Re: [Duches77] Membership access to some or all pages

By khimcole - October 3, 2010

thanks alot guys! This really enlightens me on what to do on website. I have tried a lot of plugins already...