Membership Plugin Question

By (Deleted User) - November 15, 2010

Hi Guys

I'm going to purchase the membership plugin soon but before I do I want to find it out if it will do the following:

1. I want visitors to register and when they are registered they must have access to certain section editors I have setup.
2. They should be allowed to submit content via the section editors BUT it shouldn't be active on the website.
3. The administrator should be notified of the content that is uploaded and be able to login and edit and/or activate the content that has been uploaded by the users.

Is this possible with the plugin?

regards

Shawn

Re: [smesa] Membership Plugin Question

By Jason - November 16, 2010

Hi Shawn,

The membership plugin extracts user information stored in the User Accounts section of CMS Builder when they login. Everything you mentioned is possible, but would require some custom programming.

For example, when you purchase the plugin, we provide you with a sample page from registering a new user. This form creates a new record in the accounts table of the database. It doesn't, however, create any entries is the _access_list table which controls permissions inside CMS Builder. Code to do this would have to be added.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if yo have any other questions.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/