Member log-in areas

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 17, 2008   (RSS)

By chassa2556 - July 16, 2008

Hi

I'm about to start work on a site where they want two secure log-in areas within the site. One for registered members (they will see certain areas of the site that other members of the general public won't see) and a staff area, again with a log in which will hold contact information for staff.

Could you tell me if this would be possible with CMSB?

Re: [chassa2556] Member log-in areas

By Dave - July 17, 2008

Hi Charles,

No, unfortunately, It's not a feature of CMS Builder.

We've done some of these as custom jobs before though. Basically you need to make following components:

- A user sign up form that adds users to the database (unless users will be manually entered)

- A website login form where users can login to the "website" and you can set a variable to check if they're logged in or not and what content to display.

- Sometimes people also want a email password reminder (website based) and a few emails thrown in there too (emails when people sign up, etc).

If you'd like us to do this as a custom programming job feel free to drop me an email at dave@interactivetools.com.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Member log-in areas

By chassa2556 - July 17, 2008

Thanks for this Dave does article manager have this feature

Re: [chassa2556] Member log-in areas

By Dave - July 17, 2008

No, unfortunately not.

Another way you could password protect folders is with .htaccess and .htpasswd files. You can google for more info on that.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com