Links from Membership plugin pages to CMS

9 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 18, 2011   (RSS)

By usadomains - July 14, 2011

How do you return the password, to make seamless links between the Membership plugin pages and CMS Builder when it's set to encrypt passwords? We need to make links from Membership pages to the admin. Below is what we thought would work, it returns the username properly, but password is returning the encrypted string instead of the clear text password, so it errors with Invalid Username or Password in CMSB.

<a href="/cmsadmin/admin.php?username=<?php echo htmlspecialchars($CURRENT_USER['username']); ?>&password=<?php echo htmlspecialchars($CURRENT_USER['password']); ?>&action=loginSubmit">Login to Admin</a>

Seems like this used to work on previous versions from other posts I've read, but I don't want to turn off encyption, yet we need to link things to make the clients lives easier.

Thanks in advance!

Re: [usadomains] Links from Membership plugin pages to CMS

By Dave - July 14, 2011

Hi usadomains,

The CMS and the website share the same login session. So if you are logged in to the website as a user you should be able to just link to the CMS and be logged in as that user to the CMS.

Let me know if that works for you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Links from Membership plugin pages to CMS

No, we tried that first and it doesn't work ... a direct link to say ... <a href="/cmsadmin/admin.php">Test Admin Link</a> after logging into a secured page using the membership plugin results in only getting the login page for cmsadmin.

By Dave - July 14, 2011

Hi usadomains,

Unfortunately there's no way to have the user login with a direct link when password encryption is being used. So the options would be to turn it off or send in a support ticket (and include a link to this thread) and we can further investigate why the direct linking isn't working.

If it's on the same domain it should work. Let me know if you'd like to look into that further.
interactivetools.com

By usadomains - July 14, 2011 - edited: July 14, 2011

ok, I see part of the problem.

I login to the site, the below session key is created in server /tmp

cat sess_bef6f64a1efa7ecdb21a12a63fc9925d
isfGwRNINd13wVLVxhIYSvOi_X-TcLSraVvudBPOJNjPbMxVhjDwbfMOcS7eNujdyfg600YKk3huiHRTnb2cU5DR1VtC3pzRpP4elVzPrHZYBWOu48-nnyTrmtWPkKETroot@east1

then click a link to CMSB from the secure page, and the above session becomes 0 bytes.

does this help?

Other clients using other software that use sessions like Joomla, Wordpress or Vbulletin don't have this issue.

By Dave - July 14, 2011

Hi usadomains,

Are you using the latest version of Website Membership and CMSB? If you're using the latest version of both let me know and we can debug it for you.

Note that if you need to upgrade Website Membership it's a bit of work as the password reminder has become a password reset feature due to the encryption.

Let me know about the versions and then we can debug it if needed.
Thanks!
interactivetools.com

yep, it's 2.11 the latest version, and the Memebership plugin was bought and installed in the 24 hours. login details for CSMB and FTP are in the ticket on this.

After triple checking php settings (all fine) and tailing error messages, we didn't find anything, however we did find an interesting symptom.

First log into the CMS, then in another tab, click any page on the web site itself ... then go back to the other tab, and click a link on the CMS navigation, and your logged out. neat huh?

To be sure it wasn't a browser issue, we tried it on IE8, IE9, and Firefox 5, on different pc's, all with the same result.

We think you have some sessions conflict in your code that's destroying sessions, not really sure. All we know is we need this fixed fairly quickly, so we can get this project completed for our client.

By Jason - July 18, 2011

Hi,

This issue has now been resolved.

If anyone else is experiencing this issue, try moving the php.ini file that is inside the cmsAdmin/ folder one level up or, if that doesn't work, removing it completely.

The issue here is there was a PHP protection system called Suhosin running on the server and a custom php.ini file that was lessening some of the stricter Suhosin rules (like allowing sessions to be used across multiple folders). Suhosin was finding the cmsAdmin/php.ini file first, and therefore not using the custom php.ini file already present.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if anyone runs into a similar issue where this fix doesn't help.

Thanks
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/