Limit to number of users?

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 1, 2010   (RSS)

By steve61 - March 1, 2010

I want to make different people responsible for different pages of a single site. Is there a limit on the number of separate users/passwords that can have access their own pages/areas of a CMSB site. Thanks.

Re: [yippie] Limit to number of users?

By gkornbluth - March 1, 2010 - edited: March 1, 2010

Hi Yippie,

There's absolutely no limit.

When you set up a user account it's you that determines exactly which sections the user can access and whether they can access only their own records (Author) or all records in that section (Editor). You can also restrict the amount of records that they can create in any multi-record sections.

You are also the one who grants or denys admin access rights for each user and when their account expires (or specify that it never expires).

Go into your User Account section (as Admin) and create a new account. If you choose by section in the access pull down menu you'll find that you can specify exactly what rights your user has for individual sections.

You can also add fields to the user account editor the same way as you do with other section editors and use them to display various other information. (I usually add a last name and first name field so that I can sort users by last name).

You'll find that the User Account section is pretty flexible.

Hope that helps,

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php