Languages and demo

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 17, 2008   (RSS)

By juster - November 13, 2008

Hi experts,

I was wondering if it is possible to test this cms on an demo. Could not find any, is there a demo around?

And how about translating the cms, allot of users here, so are there languagefiles available? If not, how easy is it to translate?

Thanx in advance

Re: [juster] Languages and demo

By Dave - November 14, 2008

Hi juster, welcome to the CMS Builder forum.

We don't have an online demo but we do have a video here that shows the process web developers go through: http://www.interactivetools.com/products/cmsbuilder/video.html

Also, we have a 90 day no hassle money back guarantee so feel free to "try it out" and get a refund if it's not a fit for your project: http://www.interactivetools.com/about/satisfaction_guarantee.html

And there are language files available, with translations for French, Spanish and Portuguese. And you can create your own by modifying a text file in /cmsAdmin/lib/languages/

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Languages and demo

By juster - November 15, 2008

Hi Dave!

Thanks for the reply, must be enough to go on with it.

But as I have understand it, this CMS is an online codegenerator. I do not mean to be disrespectful to the products and it's makers, but why is this any better than an offline generator (like dreamweaver)? If I think of a CMS I think of an product which make it possible to do everything either online or offline, not both. For example, your product makes the code online, but you must add the code into the pages themselves offline and upload it again. But what I want is that a user can add and change (manage content) online, everywhere he/she may be. So the CMS will be installed in the design and/or the design must be build around the CMS. I did not see in the demo or docs that the code or changes will be made active within this CMS

Maybe I did not understand the docs and explanaition in the demo, so please correct me if I am wrong.

By Dave - November 17, 2008

Hi juster,

You would use both offline and online tools only during setup. Once you've finished the setup and integration your client client can manage it fully online.

The only one who needs to copy and paste PHP is you and that's only once while you are setting up the site. After that you're done.

Hope that makes sense.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Languages and demo

By juster - November 17, 2008

Than it seems I did not understand it right. (not native English, maybe that's it[crazy])

I watched the demovideo and on that I was looking at a setup. After that it told about adding content. That part was about c/p the code into the design. So that part (and adding more text and images) was done online?

And adding a new page with new content can all be done online?
If so, I will just have to try it out to make it clear for me.

Thanks for you time, it is a huge big plus that support (even to wannabe customers) is great.

By Dave - November 17, 2008 - edited: November 17, 2008

Yes, you would setup the website sections (News, Jobs, Listings, etc) and then the end user would be able to add pages, text and images online. They could do this from any browser.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com