Is CMS Builder right for me?

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 20, 2008   (RSS)

By lterenzi - May 20, 2008

Just wanted to check-in on this since there is no free trial. I am a web designer with fairly intermediate to advanced HTML, CSS skills and I can pick apart PHP, javascript etc well enough to be dangerous. I am not a programmer by any stretch of the imagination though.

I need a CMS that will work with ANY design I create and allow users to add or update text content, upload images within the text, upload and link to files etc. etc. The ability for the user to add new pages would be nice but it is not a deal-breaker.

I bought a small CMS (Instant Update) and the support and installation WAS horrible. I am trying to get my money back (you get what you pay for) Seems like the support and quality here is top-notch.

So is this things all is seem to be? Thanks a million in advance!

Best
Lenny
Best,
Lenny

Hey Monkey! Design
graphic design • web development • blog
--
lenny@heymonkeydesign.com
919•279•3301
--
web: www.heymonkeydesign.com
twitter: @heymonkeydesign

Re: [lterenzi] Is CMS Builder right for me?

By Dave - May 20, 2008

Hi Lenny,

It sounds like CMS Builder would work out great for you. You don't technically need to know anything about PHP, etc - but any extra knowledge will only help you.

CMS Builder lets you create a CMS around your site design (instead of vice-versa), let's you add pages, and all the things you mentioned plus more. We've been building CMS tools for 10+ years now and it's basically the culmination of everything we've learned.

We have a 90 day money back guarantee (link) complete with testimonials from past refunders (people tease us about that but it let's people for we're for real) and all you have to do is fill out an email form. So you're safe there.

I think you'll really like it. If you haven't already watched it, the video (link) give you a good overview of how it works.

And I'm here too (founder and senior programmer at itools) to help you if you run into any troubles. :)

Hope that helps! Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Is CMS Builder right for me?

Sounds great! I have seen your tools and company for some time so your staying power and your commitment to improvements and new feature-sets is a big plus.

One more question - how dynamic can I get? if I have a News section, can the client update/add content that and then have the most recent few headlines on the home page automatically update based off of what is in the News section?
Best,
Lenny

Hey Monkey! Design
--
919•279•3301
--

Re: [lterenzi] Is CMS Builder right for me?

By Dave - May 20, 2008

Yes, that's pretty much exactly how it works.

We've updated the Code Generator since the video so basically now once you've created a section "News, Jobs, etc" you just click on Code Generator, then you'll have options like this:

How Many:
( ) Show all records
( ) Show the first [__5__] records only
( ) Show [__10__] records per page with prev & next page links

And then it generates the code that you then paste into your page. And from that point on it's all automatic.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Is CMS Builder right for me?

Holy cow - thats a fast response! And EXACTLY the answer I was looking for!

:)
Best,
Lenny

Hey Monkey! Design
--
919•279•3301
--