How to get records 6-{n}, instead of "The First 5" or "All Records"

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 25, 2010   (RSS)

By zakcoop - June 25, 2010

I have a site where I have a news page that displays the first 5 records of my News category. This works just fine.

Since I'm only displaying the first 5 records on the main news page (the client doesn't enter many news items over time), I've also created a News Archive page. On the News Archive page I'd like to display all news records after record 5 - so, records 6 thru {total records}. This way, the client doesn't need to move records from News to a "News Archives" category in the CMS. They can just keep entering news and records will roll off the main news page and be displayed on the News Archive page if they are the 6th record or greater.

Is there a customer MySQL query or something that I should use on the News Archive page to pull news records, starting at the 6th record?

Thanks in advance for your help. I've been using your products for years, and I love the new CMS Builder!

Re: [zakcoop] How to get records 6-{n}, instead of "The First 5" or "All Records"

By Kenny - June 25, 2010

Add 'offset' => 4, to your top of page code to get to start at the 6th record. (record numbering starts at 0)

So something like this:

list($newsRecords, $newsMetaData) = getRecords(array(
'tableName' => 'news',
'offset' => 4,

Let us know if that doesn't work for you.

Kenny