French / Spanish menus & navigations

6 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 17, 2008   (RSS)

By jconnect - June 13, 2008

Hi there,

I have a client who is interested in getting a tri-lingual version of a CMS tool for their website, does it come with French & or Spanish files and, if not, is it possible for me to create them so that the user will be presented with a different language to navigate?

Thanks

J

Re: [jconnect] French / Spanish menus & navigations

By Dave - June 13, 2008

Hi J,

We don't have different language files for the CMS. But we do have different language files for the WYSIWYG. For the admin program you would have to search for and replace text in the program files to change the language.

For the website, you can create multiple fields: Title English, Title French, etc and have only certain language fields display on certain pages.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need more details about that.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] French / Spanish menus & navigations

By jconnect - June 13, 2008

Yes, that clears it up, thanks!

By philb - June 17, 2008

Hi Dave,

I was reading this post and decided to buy CMS Builder thinking I could translate some term for my French customer.
We don't have different language files for the CMS. But we do have different language files for the WYSIWYG. For the admin program you would have to search for and replace text in the program files to change the language.

In the buying process I read the Licensing Agreement and was puzzled by Section 4 point e. It clearly state that:
You may not reverse engineer, decompile, translate, create derivative works, decipher, decrypt, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a more human-readable form for any reason.

Can you clarify me on this situation because I really need to translate some term for my French only speaking customer.

Thanks

Create a wonderful day

Philippe[:)]

Re: [philb] French / Spanish menus & navigations

By Dave - June 17, 2008

Philippe,

License agreements are mostly a lot of boilerplate legal language meant to protect little software companies like us. :) It doesn't always apply exactly in every case. That language refers to "translating" the source code such as converting the software from PHP to Java or a different programming language.

You have our permission to modify the code for the purposes of changing the 'human' language to be something other than English.

Hope that helps! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

By philb - June 17, 2008

Thanks Dave.

I just wanted to be clear on the mater.

I'm presently installing it on my server to quick test and will transfer on the client server when everything is in place.

Thanks for the response.

Philippe