Feature Request: Drag/Drop Order in List Views

7 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: May 16, 2008   (RSS)

By webdude - May 15, 2008 - edited: May 15, 2008

Hey There,

Loving CMS Builder. I use it very often and has saved me. I was wondering if we could have an optional field type "order"... This field would allow users to order items in the list view using the friendly dragging and dropping just like in the admin section editor.

Any thoughts? Anyone agree?

Thanks!

Re: [webdude] Feature Request: Drag/Drop Order in List Views

By Dave - May 15, 2008

webdude,

We introduced a new special field called "dragSortOrder" for this in v1.15. Try creating a field with that name (it's case sensitive!) and adding it to the beginning of "ListPage Fields" and "Order By Fields". It will create a drag icon on the list page you can drag records with.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Feature Request: Drag/Drop Order in List Views

By webdude - May 15, 2008

YES!

Will check it out ASAP!

By webdude - May 15, 2008 - edited: May 15, 2008

Hi Dave. We love the dragSortOrder feature!

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced slowness when viewing larger lists in CMS Builder (say 100 records) due to the dragSortOrder javascript (jquery.tablednd.js) stalling the browser just after page load. Sometimes it can be up to 3 seconds.

It looks like the reordering JS file is consuming some heavy CPU. Can anyone confirm this other than me?

By Dave - May 16, 2008

I haven't heard that yet, no. But I'd like to take a look at it.

Can you email me a CMS login to dave@interactivetools.com so I can try to reproduce it on your site?
interactivetools.com

By webdude - May 16, 2008

Hi Dave,

I have emailed you the login info. Please let me know when you get a change to check it out.

Webdude

By Dave - May 16, 2008

Ok, for anyone with this same problem, we found a fix and it will be released in v1.16. If you're comfortable editing the code here's the fix:

Add this to the bottom of /css/ui.css

.dragger { cursor: move; }

Then search for ".dragger" in /lib/jquery.tablednd.js and comment this line by adding // to the front:

// jQuery(".dragger").css("cursor", "move");

Then clear your cache (firefox and other browsers love to cache js files) and it will be much faster.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com