Email account creation submission

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 5, 2009   (RSS)

By willydoit - June 5, 2009 - edited: June 5, 2009

Hi all,

I am using a simple account creation script suplpied by Ross to allow visitors to create an account and listings which will remain hidden until authorised by an admin user. The form works perfectly however I am also looking to have the form details and a welcome message emailed to the account creator (users email address is included in the form) with a copy of the email forwarded to ourselves to advise of a new account being created. Could someone please point me in the direction of any existing php code to provide this functionality which I can add to the existing script. Obviously there are many form to email scripts around the web but I am unsure as how to combine the email element with the existing account creation as the current scripts starts

<form method="post" action="">
<p>
<input type="hidden" name="submit" value="1" /> and there is no value in action could i put a value in the action quotes which would cause an email to be sent?

Thanks in advance.

Re: [willydoit] Email account creation submission

By ross - June 5, 2009

Hi there.

Thanks for posting!

We have a script for that too :). If you wanted to email me again through consulting@interactivetools.com I can send you the basic code. It's fairly straight forward as well but combining the two take a bit of extra work.

Let me know what you think :).
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/