Editor editing certain records only

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 15, 2011   (RSS)

By MickC - September 15, 2011

G'day,

Another one I can't find an easy way around:

I have set up a used machinery database with CMSB, with 5 different branches.

I have it set so that internal users can view records all records, add new ones, but only change their own entries, and an editor at each branch needs to approve them before they are listed on our public website. - this part all works fine.

What I want to be able to do, is have it so that the editors can only edit records for their own branch.

I have a listbox field in the "listings" called "branch"
and in the User accounts table, i also have a field called "branch" but this is a multiple choice checkbox ( the reason being that some editors need access to more than one branch - just to be difficult [;)] )

So in then end, when creating or editing a user, I can just tick the checkboxes for the branches I want them to have access to.

Any ideas?

Re: [MickC] Editor editing certain records only

By Jason - September 15, 2011

Hi,

The easiest way to do this would be through a custom plugin. You could write a plugin that would filter out any records for certain tables based on the branch the listing is with and the selected branches for the given user.

If you're interested in exploring this option, please email consulting@interactivetools.com and we can go over some ideas.

Hope this helps
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/