Editor Problem - WYSIWYG

7 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 17, 2008   (RSS)

By rjbathgate - August 12, 2008

Hi,

Also, in version 1.2 of CMS Builder (it's a new installation), the WYSIWYG editors are not being displayed.

I had this problem before when upgrading to FF3, but this also is happening now in IE.

IE gives error info as follows:

Line: 173
Charactor: 3
Error: 'TinyMCE' is undefined
Code: 0

I can see the tinyMCE demo on their demo page... and on other cms builder installations - it's just this install...

Cheers in advance,
Rob

Re: [rjbathgate] Editor Problem - WYSIWYG

By Dave - August 13, 2008

Hi Rob,

Sounds like something might be going on with this server. If you can send me CMS login details to dave@interactivetools.com I'll take a look.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Editor Problem - WYSIWYG

By rjbathgate - August 13, 2008

Thanks Dave - our server has just broken (!!!!) so that might be related to the CMS problem...

If it still happens when we get back online, i'll fire across login details.

Thanks again
Rob

By Dave - August 13, 2008

For anyone following - the fix was to change permissions to 755 on the /tinymce3/ folder.

Some servers don't allow scripts to run in writable directories. We used to require /tinymce3/ to be writable because tinymce would store it's cache file there.

We've since moved the cache file to /data/ for the latest version and /tinymce3/ no longer needs to be made writable.

If anyone has any other questions feel free to post.
interactivetools.com

By katherine502 - August 16, 2008

We've since moved the cache file to /data/ for the latest version and /tinymce3/ no longer needs to be made writable. If anyone has any other questions feel free to post.

Hi, Dave.

Would that cache file you moved to /data/ be the zipped file
tiny_mce_f2e364fd6e334983c5c66827af8865d3.gz ?

Am I supposed to unzip it? If so, how? WinZip won't do it. Do I put it on the server like it is?

Thanks for your guidance.

Re: [katherine502] Editor Problem - WYSIWYG

By Dave - August 17, 2008

Hi Katherine,

I responded to your other thread as well. Yes, it's a cache file and you just upload it as is. See the other thread for more details here: http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/P64614/ and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

By katherine502 - August 17, 2008

Thanks, Dave, for both replies. Can't wait to get it installed.

Katherine