Displaying Different Sections on One Page: Using Multi-Field Value Lists

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 8, 2011   (RSS)

By Keltam2 - April 7, 2011

Hi there!
I've been reading a lot of posts on topics similar to this, and the examples in the CMS cookbook, but everything's a little too specific, and I was hoping to get a good basic but definitive answer that could be tailored to fit all styles of pages.

I have a multi Record newsletter Detail style page that I would like to have display various content (list style) from other multi Record sections (ie: Articles, Events).

http://www.strykernewsletter.com/weekly.php?2011-04-18-00-00-00-2

I'm using the multi-value dropdown list option to sort content into applicable newsletters. The dropdown menu displays the dates of all newsletters available - so you can choose to have an article or event display on several different newsletters. I'm just not sure how to call the code that says "Display events for <insert date> Newsletter only"

Does that code go in the initial 'Load Records' section, or is it separate (because it is a List, and the page it's in is a Detail)? Is the code different for standard dropdown menu choices, as opposed to multi-value dropdown menus?

Thanks so much for the help! I'm hoping this is a fairly simple set-up, that can then be re-worked for other "Display Content A on Page B" types of pages.
-Kelly

Re: [Keltam2] Displaying Different Sections on One Page: Using Multi-Field Value Lists

By robin - April 8, 2011

Hey Kelly,

Could you post or send in the code you're using for this page to support@interactivetools.com so I can take a look?

Thanks,
Robin
Robin
Programmer
interactivetools.com