Development Server Issues: Sockets and Permissions

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: November 22, 2012   (RSS)

By InHouse - November 21, 2012

Hi there,

Just getting around to setting up a new WAMP-based development box (Win 7). Have had good luck with short-term use of WAMP/MAMP and CMSB in the past. This time however, there's an issue.

The server seems to run well. Using WampDeveloper Pro. Basic sites are playing nicely. The issue is when CMSB is introduced. 2 main issues, probably related:

1- On first run of either a fresh CMSB install (latest stable version) or when copying an existing site to the new box, we get the same problem as:
http://www.interactivetools.com/forum/forum.cgi?do=post_view_printable;post=76704;guest=

Commented out the suggested call but this is not a good solution for dozens of sites.

2 - After trying the comment-out solution above, I was able to complete the intial setup. However, as soon as I then log in as the admin, I get a blank page with the error:

getPage: Error opening socket: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions. (10013)

This also seems to have been an issue in the past but no solution was published.

I have explored the servers php.ini (thanks Jason) and uncommented the 'extension=php_sockets.dll' line. I know that php.ini file is right as I also manually adjusted the timezone and lat/long info successfully.

Any ideas on how to get CMSB to feel happy in it's new home? It's mental wellbeing is important to me.

J.

Re: [InHouse] Development Server Issues: Sockets and Permissions

By Dave - November 22, 2012

Hi Jayme,

I haven't seen that error before. As a first step, could you try #8 from here: http://pcremoteserver.com/FAQ.aspx (google search result for the same error).

Next, can you try adding an outgoing exception to your Windows 7 firewall for TCP Port 80?

Let me know if either of those get you any further.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Development Server Issues: Sockets and Permissions

By InHouse - November 22, 2012

That first one did the trick Dave! On reboot the local server could see the world again and CMSB didn't balk anymore. Many thanks. Still getting some server warnings about the isInstalled issue but bringing a copy of that file from the production server settled that issue too.
J.