Change field properties

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 25, 2022   (RSS)

By andreasml - April 22, 2022 - edited: April 22, 2022

Hi,

Is there a way to change a field's properties in the CMSB? For example, I would like to change the content of a specific field to be displayed in bold text type and in red colour or possibly in a different font type or size. Would it be possible?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas Lazaris

By daniel - April 22, 2022

Hi Andreas,

There isn't anything built-in to the CMS that allows this, but it should be relatively simple to set something up. My first choice would be to see if a WYSIWYG field would work since that automatically includes formatting tools, but if not, I would set up additional checkbox/dropdown fields to control the formatting, and then implement those in the HTML on the page. Depending on the type of section/content, you could either set up those fields in the record itself, or create a new "Style Settings" section to control it.

Let me know if that helps, or if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By andreasml - April 24, 2022

Hi Daniel

Thank you for your response. WUSIWUG field is not an option. Let's suppose we are talking about a textfield field where I would like the value to be in bold type of letters. Could you give me a hint to start?

Regards, 

Andreas

By daniel - April 25, 2022

Hi Andreas,

Just to clarify, are you talking about having the field values display as bold in the CMSB admin? Or the display of the field on the front-end pages of the site?

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By andreasml - April 25, 2022

Hi Daniel,

Correct. I am tallking about having the field values display as bold in the CMSB admin. 

Andreas

By daniel - April 25, 2022

Hi Andreas,

Apologies - I had misunderstood before. There isn't any built-in way to accomplish this, but it can be generally accomplished with CMSB's theming capability. Under the branding menu (/cmsb/admin.php?menu=admin&action=branding) it's possible to choose a theme CSS file for the admin. Custom themes can be created by adding a CSS file that starts with "theme_" to the "/cmsb/3rdParty/clipone/css/" directory.

Once you have created a custom theme, you can modify this CSS file to make style adjustments throughout the admin, which includes the field inputs. For example, if you wanted to make a textfield value bold, you could add this:

input[type="text"][name="field_name"] {
  font-weight: bold;
}

At this time it's only possible to specify a field by its name, so if you want to change the style of a specific field it must have a unique name. Adding a style to the "title" field, for example, would style all "title" fields.

Let me know if this helps, or if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com