Can't see wysiwyg fields

9 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 24, 2008   (RSS)

By kano - May 21, 2008

Hi, I've just installed CMS Builder 1.15, and immediately ran into a problem. I tried to create a couple of sections from the drop down menu, but I am not able to see or put anything into the wysiwyg fields, they are just blank. (See the attached screen-dump.) I have tried this from both IE 7.0 and Firefox with the same result. Have I done anything wrong?
Regards

Kjell
Attachments:

wysiwyg.jpg 46K

Re: [kano] Can't see wysiwyg fields

By Dave - May 21, 2008

That's strange. Can you email me CMS login details to dave@interactivetools.com and I'll take a look? (email, don't post login details to forum)

Also, if you upgraded remember to clear your cache.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Can't see wysiwyg fields

By merid - June 20, 2008

I encountered the same problem at this moment. How did you resolve this issue? Thanks.

Re: [merid] Can't see wysiwyg fields

By Kenny - June 20, 2008

I experienced the issue time to time as well - just refreshed the browser and it came back up.

By Dave - June 20, 2008

If you just upgraded, try clearing your cache and reloading the page. Your browser may have old javascript files cached.

If that still doesn't fix it, open this file in your browser and make sure it's outputting javascript code:
http://www.yoursite.com/cmsAdmin/tinymce3/tiny_mce_gzip.php

We had a case recently where that file didn't work unless the /tinymce3/ wasn't writable. Removing write permissions on the folder fixed it.

And if you try all that and it still doesn't work - email me at dave@interactivetools.com or post here!

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

By merid - June 20, 2008

Thanks Dave. The changing of permission of tinymce3 folder from 777 to 755 has resolved the issue.

Rolly

By Dave - June 20, 2008

Good to hear, thanks for posting back to let us know what the solution was. :)
interactivetools.com

By MisterJim - June 23, 2008

Dave,

I just purchased CMS Builder tonight. Before setting up on a client server, I decided to place it on mine so that I could become a bit familiar with it. I was having the same problem noted by others whereby the WYSIWYG field did not show. Changing the permissions on tinymce3 to 755 solved the problem.

Just figured that you'd like to keep track of the number of people who are having this problem.

Jim
WebCamp One, LLC

Websites That Work

Re: [jpietrangelo] Can't see wysiwyg fields

By Dave - June 24, 2008

Jim,

Welcome aboard, and thanks for reporting that. :)

Let me know if you need help with anything else!
interactivetools.com