Can't see WYSIWYG editor when adding content

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 5, 2008   (RSS)

By jent - August 4, 2008

I'm new to CMS Builder (LOVE IT so far!) and noticed that I can't view the WYSIWYG editor when trying to add content. Instead I get a sort of drop-down link for format/font size. Anything special I need to do to get that editor to show up?

Thanks for any help on this!

Re: [jent] Can't see WYSIWYG editor when adding content

By Donna - August 4, 2008 - edited: August 4, 2008

Hi Jent!

glad to hear you're enjoying it. :)

Couple of quick questions: What browser/operating system are you using?

If you go to this demo site of TinyMCE, do you see the editor, or something similar to what you see on your page?

If you see the editor, try going into Admin -> Section Editors, modify the section you're working on, then modify the WYSIWYG field in question. What do you have set in the "Field Height" box? If it's not already, try leaving it blank and seeing if that makes a difference. Or, if it's blank, try entering in "300" and try that.

Let me know if none of that worked. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com

Re: [Donna] Can't see WYSIWYG editor when adding content

By jent - August 5, 2008

Browser: IE 6.0 and Firefox - won't work on either

When I go to the TinyMCE link I can see the editor as it should be (not what I am seeing on my pages).

I modified the field height but that didn't work either. It was set to 200 and I changed it to blank and then changed again to 300 - neither worked. I've attached an image of what I am seeing on the screen instead of the editor.

Any other suggestions?
Attachments:

wysiwyg_001.jpg 75K

Re: [jent] Can't see WYSIWYG editor when adding content

By Donna - August 5, 2008

Hi Jent!

Try making a backup of your existing tinymce3 directory (I usually just rename it to tinymce3.bak) then re-uploading the default directory from the original installation. If you don't have that, you can grab the latest version here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/upgrade/

If that doesn't work... drop us an email with your FTP information, and we'd be happy to pop in and see what's going on. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com