CMS builder WSWYG

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 11, 2008   (RSS)

By chassa2556 - December 9, 2008

I have come across a bug on the WSYWYG editor on CMS builder on Firefox vs 3.04 on Mac OS10.4 and 10.5. It basically doesn't show the editor bar with the icons and the content area is blank even if there is content. The basic text field works fine however.

It works fine on Safari.

Re: [chassa2556] CMS builder WSWYG

By Dave - December 9, 2008

Hi Charles,

What version of CMS Builder are you using? When FF3 came out tinymce needed to be updated (by all web apps on the net) to support it.

Let me know and we can see if that might be the cause. If it is then upgrading should fix it.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CMS builder WSWYG

By chassa2556 - December 9, 2008

I think its version CMS System v1.15 ?

By Dave - December 9, 2008

Yea, Firefox 3 broke tinymce for all web applications (even WordPress) and they all had to upgrade it. The solution is to upgrade the CMS to a more recent version.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CMS builder WSWYG

By chassa2556 - December 10, 2008

How do I get a latest version of the software to do this. It looks like quite a dramatic thing to do. I'm terrified of it messing up all of my hard work. What is the most important thing to backup I presume the database on the server? Is there anything I should watch out for?

By Dave - December 11, 2008

Hi Charles,

You can download upgrades here:
http://www.interactivetools.com/upgrade/

There is instructions in the zip on how to upgrade. Just follow those. If you have another site or internal "dev" site you could practice upgrading that one first.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com