CMS Bug

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 16, 2009   (RSS)

Hey Guys,

I did a search and didn't see this problem, but you have a little bug in the CMS that causes it to crash. Espically for people living in Indiana trying to set the Regional Settings for the software.

Bug:
If you go into "Regional Settings" and choose any of the US/Indiana timezones, it will give a communications error. If you save any of the Indiana options, you will just get an error saying, "Error setting timezone to 'US/East', Invalid timezone name." You will be locked out of the admin area until you do the follow fix.

Fix:
Open the "settings.dat.php" file under the "data" directory. Find the line "timezone = "US/East" " (line 18).
Replace this with something else from the PHP timezone list here - http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.america.php. Save the file and you should be able to access the admin section again.

That's how I fixed it. Just FYI.

Re: [movierelics] CMS Bug

By Dave - January 15, 2009

Hi MovieRelics,

Welcome to the CMS Builder forum! And thanks for the bug report. :)

Do you know what version of PHP you are running (you can find this in Admin > General (at the bottom).

On some servers it seems the PHP function that lists valid PHP timezones (timezone_abbreviations_list) isn't defined even though it should be. In that case we give a predefined list of timezones, and it seems some of those predefined timezones aren't valid on your server.

I've updated the code for the next version so that:
- Timezone errors display at the top and don't lock you out.
- Timezones that aren't valid on the server are filtered out

Thanks again for the report and hope that helps. Those fixes will be in v1.24.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CMS Bug

Hey Dave,

Here is the info that you asked for. Glad I could help you guys out. Love your software and work that you've done.

Web Server - Linux, Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) (apache2handler)
Database Server - MySQL v5.0.48
PHP Version - PHP v5.1.6 (phpinfo)
PHP Module(s) - GD v2.0.28 (supported)

Re: [movierelics] CMS Bug

By Dave - January 16, 2009

Thanks for the server details.

It should be fixed for 1.24. If you need a patched version before that is released just let me know.

Thanks!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CMS Bug

Oh, I'm alright. I already know the fix and it's just a matter of "Remember to don't do that option". I can wait for the update.