CMS - User Access

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 21, 2008   (RSS)

By webfoot - July 20, 2008

This is first CMS site for me :-)

I am setting up payment processing for my client where there are different prices for differing 'user access' levels and maximum records.

examples...
A. 30 day listing with 2 photos for 1 record listed.
B. 6 month listing with unlimited records.

Can this be automated? I am not sure how you direct users to correct level of access.

I was going to use auto manager for this site since it is auto listings but was told by staff that CMS could do the job better and it looks great from what I have read.

Thanks ....

Melinda - designer
webfootstudios.com
melinda
webfootstudios.com

Re: [webfoot] CMS - User Access

By Dave - July 21, 2008

Hi Melinda, welcome to the CMS Builder forums!

If you look under: Admin > User Accounts there's a field for "Account Expiry". That could do the 30 day or 6 month part of it.

You can also limit the number of records a user can create, but not the number of uploads. You can limit the uploads on a per field basis but there's no functionality to have some users be able to upload 2 and other users be able to upload more.

Next, there's no automatic features to handle subscriptions. Meaning user accounts will need to be updated manually or you'll need a custom script done that ties in with your payment provider and updates the account database.

If you are comfortable with PHP and MySql or have a programmer you work with we can point you in the right direction and we also offer custom programming ourselves. The challenge is that every payment provider works differently and has a different "system" you need to tie in to.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can assist with!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com