Auto Backup v1.01 Released (Hourly Backups and Backup to Email)

By Dave - March 17, 2010

We've just released Auto Backup v1.01 with the following changes:

- Automatic hourly backups are now supported (up to 24 per day)
- Email Backups: Enter your email address to receive automatic backups via email
- Email Backups: Email backup files will automatically be compressed if supported by your server

The hourly backups ensure you have the most recent data possible, and the backup to email feature automatically zips it up and emails it offsite.

I personally use a free gmail account (Google Apps actually) for storing hourly offsite backups. I have them auto filtered into a folder so I can easily get any restore point I want or erase old backups as I run out of space. But since Google gives me 7 gigs free storage that's going to take a while. :)

For a full description of this plugin and to download the latest version:
http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/detail.php?Auto-Backup-1003

A few other things: we've made some improvements to the backup process in both the plugin and the CMS, so version 2.03 is required for this latest update. Also, we've *tripled* the price to $59.95. So if you bought at $19.95 you can download this version for free, but yet another reason to buy plugins now, because as we add more features we will likely increase the price as well.

You could buy this plugin, configure it once, and upload it to an unlimited number of client sites and have them all automatically sending hourly backups to a common "backup email" account within just a few minutes. Pretty nice piece of mind to have for only $59.95.

Please feel free to post your feedback and questions! We're always eager to get your feature requests and bug reports. Post in the forum or email me at dave@interactivetools.com.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com