Add tools to TinyMCE

4 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 22, 2008   (RSS)

By benedict - September 20, 2008

Hi,

I've gone through TinyMCE at their site and there are a couple of tools I want to add (i.e. undo/redo, delete/insert table row, etc.).

I just wanted to know if these are already installed in CMS Builder and have just been switched off, and can I just activate them, or do I have to install plugins as per the TinyMCE website. If so, any plans to add the tools above plus spellcheck as standard in future additions of CMS Builder?

Re: [benedict] Add tools to TinyMCE

By Michael Blake - September 21, 2008

Usually the options are within the TinyMCE setup, you can add/remove tooldbars and functions. I usually set it up so that editors are restricted to 'styles' rather than being able to choose their own fonts - otherwise the site soon looks a mess if you have multiple editors.

I'm not sure about the cmsAdmin set-up as although I have a licence I need to make the switch from Joomla & Drupal but it is taking longer than I had hoped [:(] However as you are basically installing TinyMCE as an 'addon' then the settings should be configurable as normal.

Best Wishes,
Mickey

By Kenny - September 21, 2008

Try this: http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Products_C2/CMS_Builder_F35/gforum.cgi?post=58380;t=search_engine#58380

Post back if there is anything not covered in this tutorial you are looking for.

Kenny

By Dave - September 22, 2008

We don't include all the plugins, so if they're not in [cmsAdmin]/tinymce3/plugins then you'll need to download tinyMce from the website and update your local copy.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com